Join our Team
Be proud of where you work. Walden Security is one of the nation’s largest privately-held security companies, providing a range of security services for commercial and government properties. Right now, we’re seeking inspired, motivated, and customer service-oriented people to add to our team. Security experience is not required: Walden welcomes a diversity of professional backgrounds, and we’ll make sure you have the support and training you need to be successful.
Walden Security is a family-owned and operated business, and that’s how we treat our employees: like family — because we know that by taking care of our people, they, in turn, will take better care of our clients.
Job Skills / RequirementsBased out of the Corporate Office, the Human Resources Intern will directly assist the Director of Human Resources with a wide range of projects related to employee benefits, HR compliance, recruiting, onboarding, record maintenance, and auditing.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Human Resources – Knowledge of principles and procedures for recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and HRlS.
- Understanding the importance of employment law and compliance, especially regarding employment eligibility, confidentiality, proper maintenance of employee files, and forms management.
- Oral Communication – Speaks very clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in various meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; offers and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; promotes teamwork; puts the success of team above own interests; capable of building morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes and complies with a harassment-free environment; fosters the theory of building a diverse workforce and business relationships.
- Ethics – Treat people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows reporting policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands the organization’s strengths & weaknesses.
- Judgment – Displays the willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains the reasoning for decisions; makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Consistently sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; participates in the company quality improvement process.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertake self-development activities; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
The Ideal Candidate
If you are passionate and ready to take on the challenge of providing exceptional customer service in a complex, diverse, people-first culture, then you have what it takes to be a successful Human Resources Intern. Job requirements include:
- Current student pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Management, or a related field.
- Intermediate experience with MS Office and internet programs.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong analytical skillset, organizational skills, and attention to detail/data.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Ability to respect the confidentiality of sensitive employee data.
About Walden Security: Setting the Standard by Setting the Example®
Established in 1990 by law enforcement professionals Amy and Michael S. Walden, CPP, Walden Security is a privately-held, family-owned, and -operated company, and has grown to become one of the largest and most respected security services firms in the United States. Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee with 6,000 employees, Walden Security provides integrated contract security services through physical and virtual guarding to commercial and government clients in 37 states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico. Walden Security is also the nation’s largest WBENC-Certified Women’s Business Enterprise specializing in security services, one of the nation’s only security firms with an ISO® 9001:2015 Certified Quality Management System, and is a Training Top 125 award recipient for the last three consecutive years.
Additional Information / Benefits
This job reports to the Director of Human Resources
This is a Part-Time position 1st Shift, School Hours.
Number of Openings for this position: 1